24 November 2005

TOW AWAY. NO PARKING.


NO PARKING.
Originally uploaded by the earthling.
On Flickr's Guess Where SF group, "the earthling" posted this grea Tow Away picture.

Flickr now has Guess Where NYC, Guess Where LA, Guess Where London, Guess Where SF, and even a group I started, Guess Where Berkeley.

I love these groups. People submit pictures they've taken of local unusual and recognizable places; the other members then try to guess where the pictures were taken.

Following the SF group, and occasionally posting a picture or a correct guess, has made me pay more attention to the city. Now, when I walk down a street, I'm looking for interesting images and also for places that someone might have posted to the group. I notice the details and colors of buildings and alleys.

No comments: